Liz87
Western Sydney
23/06/2019

Do the thoughts ever go away

Posted in Quit experiences 10 May 2022

I quit smoking 3 months ago but every day I think of smoking and it makes life hard. Does the thoughts ever go away.

The longest time I have quit is 11 months. I have a 2 year old who only has me as a parent so I feel great responsibility not to smoke so I don't die to young.

Report abuse ← Previous Story Next Story →

• Happiness May 12, 2022 | 4:59
    Why not celebrate those moments with self pride and a cuddle with your young one? You went through so much to have your dream come true, view your freedom from smoking with the same gratitude.

Your smoking would only deny your child and harm his(her health. They emulate those who they look up to. Be a proud Momma and a winner over all.
  • Happiness May 12, 2022 | 5:02
    And yes, the cravings or thoughts go away once you let them. It is you who gives them power and life. Take back the control and feel fabulous!
  • Cuba May 12, 2022 | 21:37
    All temptation or craving to smoke begins with a single thought. You can choose to ignore or deal with that thought or allow it to stay in your mind. If it stays it can gain a foothold in our mind. This can lead to failure and a strong sense of disappointment in ourselves. Instead focus on what is good about giving up the smokes. You have the ability to choose what you think and how we will then act.
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:05
    Thank you Happyness and Cuba. You have made me think about the way I think when the thoughts come up. The thought are so bad when I'm looking at holiday accomadation or go out to dinner (go out once every 4-6 weeks). I'm defently making it worse for myself. I'm going to book in with a psychologist I knew many years ago as I think I need some support with this.
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:06
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:06
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:06
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:06
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:07
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:07
  • Liz87 , Western Sydney May 13, 2022 | 22:08
  • Cuba May 14, 2022 | 21:50
    Hi Liz
    Just remember the thoughts around smoking or related thoughts will die down on their own. Once your mind gets used to the change. If you are obsessing about it that will also go. It feels like it won’t but it will.
  • Cuba May 14, 2022 | 21:51