IrelandGuy
19/11/2019

Had a slip up today - after 112 days

Posted in Quit experiences 13 Feb 2020

I feel if I document it here, it'll hopefully stop me relapsing again!

I had 2 cigarettes in the last hour, I could've worked through it if I tried but in my mind I'd already decided to smoke. As soon as I had them I regretted it.

My nose is starting to feel stuffy and I can smell the stink on my hands and clothes. It didn't make me feel any better - but there's an underlying issue that's causing this feeling (unsurprisingly the cigarettes didn't help)

Feel free to call me a fool, I deserve it after going clean so long. I'm still determined to be an ex-smoker so I hope to put an update in next week if I'm able to keep away from them until then.

Well done to you all for being active here, this was the first place I thought about informing because you're all so supportive.

Good luck folks and try not to slip up like I've done.

• Dontsmoke February 14, 2020 | 1:55
    Dear friend u r not fool.. U r human.. Please enjoy the 112 days of achievement and remember this slip.. Not as a bad memories but a souvenir to help u recall that cig never helped.

• Leeann , Central Coast February 14, 2020 | 5:05
    Hey IrelandGuy, nearly all of us have been through a slip mate, so no need to beat yourself up. However, you need to square those shoulders and continue on the path of freedom. You will be really tested now, bcos thoughts will come and the nicodemon will be whispering to you, telling you you've blown it already. You only slipped, do not throw in the towel and fall my friend, or it will cost you your dignity, wealth and health. Stay strong, you know you can do this, keep your eyes and mind focused on what you want your future to look like😊
  • Red-67 February 14, 2020 | 5:51
    So, you slipped. It does not have to be a big deal. You had the right idea, to begin with, so just ask yourself why you even thought of having one. Stop thinking like a smoker, and get back on track for day 113 :)
  • softly40, Mid North Coast February 14, 2020 | 7:42
    You are feeling terrible, I know because I have been there, the trick is now to stop! actually stop! smoking...Count from the last day you had freedom or from day one again its up to you. I would count from day 112 and put your mind into gear. Please keep close to the forum and please keep saying NOPE (Not one puff ever) everyday. We can all benefit from your input.
  • Robn February 14, 2020 | 8:08
    Not the end of the world or the end of your already amazing 112 quit. A slip is just that, a slip, keep going forward and reset your mind set. You have come too far to throw away all the positive steps you have achieved. Keep going and stay focused.
  • Robn February 14, 2020 | 8:08
  • mandella, Mid North Coast February 14, 2020 | 9:10
    WOW thanks for sharing Ireland guy, that took guts, congrats,not on your slip but the honesty to let others know. My past previous attempts i just slipped away from the support as i was too disgusted with myself to share my slip. The power of old nic tine hey. Mate as far as i'm concerned you are 113 from quit with a new lesson learnt plus a lesson for us all!
  • Nuts February 14, 2020 | 9:18
    The fact that you feel bad about a little slip is a good thing. It means that you still want to quit. Just dont have any more. Throw away the pack and move on. Dont let 112 days be wasted. Think of the money that you hav'nt spent on smokes . Do you want to burn that sort of money again. Dont beat yourself up mate. Stay strong 🙂💕
  • Lando, Hunter New England February 14, 2020 | 11:02
    Hey Ireland Guy

I understand why you would feel like a fool. I would too.

But what's done is done. You didn't enjoy it, and that will help to take away some of the romanticism about "just one more".

If you get tempted again, remember how awful you smelt, how bad you felt, and how little it helped.

Chin up. Move on.

• Happiness February 14, 2020 | 11:34
    a slip happens and you already regret your foolish error. Tomorrow can be 113 with no real setback. Get in the right frame of mind. You can do this!
  • IrelandGuy February 14, 2020 | 22:04
    Thank you all for your support folks, reading your replies has been very encouraging and I'm grateful that you took the time to remind me I'm only human, I'm not alone and I can move past this.

I haven't slipped again and I hope next week I can come back here with my head held high!

You're all amazing people, thank you.
  • Nuts February 15, 2020 | 15:25
    Well done mate. Glad to hear that you are still on track. You can hold your head high right now. You are doing really well 👍🤗💕
  • Stevo88 February 22, 2020 | 18:14
    Mate 112 days is awesome!! I havent had more then 3 months off since i started.. i was 17 now 31..
    Im at 46 days myself and having a real hard day today..
    I wish you well and hope your still going strong..
  • IrelandGuy February 26, 2020 | 2:35
    Good luck Stevo, hope your on 49 days now mate.

Thanks for all the support folks, it makes such a difference