BethP
5/02/2019

Think about my grandbabies

Posted in Staying quit 14 Apr 2019

I am at 124 days smoke free, or almost 18 weeks. I mentioned last week that I am having difficulties lately because of major upheavals causing major stress.

I haven't smoked and I am not going to but I am finding it hard to find something else to occupy my mind.

My husband still hasn't found a job and we have about 2 months before we have to start moving to-somewhere.

I can't work because I am still recovering from surgery.

I don't know where we will go but I will not smoke.

Thanks for listening.

• BethP April 14, 2019 | 11:24
    I should add that thinking about my grandbabies also helps me to not smoke. They are so proud of me!
  • Maestro40 April 14, 2019 | 20:19
    When it rains, it pours.
    I guess the only thing I can say is how proud you are going to be when you have shown yourself and everyone else your strong character.
    I know it isn't much now, but it will be your most prized necklace when this is done.
    Your own pride is the ultimate prize that you are going to win!!!
  • BethP April 15, 2019 | 3:23
    Thank you, Maestro40. I know you are so right. I am already so proud of myself. I never thought I would be able to quit. But here I am, almost 18 weeks a non-smoker. I will remember your kind words.
  • Maestro40 April 15, 2019 | 5:07
    I have also been in and out of hospital the last 7 months, as well as huge family stress. Sometimes, briefly, do I ever want a smoke.
    216 days though, and I haven't given in.
    We will both make it!
  • BethP April 15, 2019 | 7:24
    I truly hope your health is better 🙏. I know we will all make it. At least my husband and I are no longer spending money on cigs. That's a step in the right direction.
  • Geo April 15, 2019 | 15:19
    your right BethP, thats a good outlook that the cash you have not spent will keep you out of harms way a bit longer. Not to mention your body heals at much better pace due to your improved immune systems response, and healthier way of life. Keep those positive thoughts and prayers in your life, I'm sure you have faced difficulties similar or worse than unemployment as a wife and husband.
  • Geo April 15, 2019 | 15:20