dr.feelgood
Western NSW
16/11/2011

Trishk THE NATURE OF TOBACCO

Posted in Hints and tips 21 Feb 2012

What has this story got to do with quitting smoking to-day, are their any tips about staying quit? or can i get some help. i can not seem to  make a comment about anything without somebody making a big deal about what i have said. this is a I CanQuit webste isn't it.

• fdoyle2011, Hunter New England February 21, 2012 | 11:10
    Yes it is a quit website...I think its important to know what are putting into our system and the history of the cigarette however...Educating us more about the chemicals can maybe help someone say SHIT I did not know that was in a smoke....Dont worry what some people may post....Just remember we are all expriencing this in our own ways...so my way not be the way you want to quit...What sort of help are you looking for????There are plenty of stories on here that covers most experiences on trying to quit.. ...
  • Bubbleytoes53, Illawarra Shoalhaven February 21, 2012 | 12:59
    dr.feelgood,

Yes you are correct that this is an "ICanQuit" website.. Its all about peoples stories about how they have quit and things which help keep them going.. Just because a story doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others!! You opinion is not the only one in the world which is valid. I actually seen quite a few posts from people saying it was helpful, contrary to your beliefs.

If you want a website dedicated to everything that is only relevant to you, well feel free to go and make one yourself.

You cant make a comment without somebody making a big deal about it because majority of your posts are NEGATIVE!! Personally i sigh when i see your posts because i'm completely sick of the negative comments!

You have a very abrasive approach and can never seem to see anything past yourself and your own opinion. You need to step back and realise that other people are different from you. Just because they are different doesn't make them wrong.. This kind of attitude and lack of acceptance isn't necessarily thought of highly.

If you want help cuz you are having a hard time that's not a problem - but asking for help in the same sentence where you throw insults at people is generally not a great way to get it! I was always told you attract more bees with honey than vinegar.. Perhaps if you were more polite you would feel more supported
  • trish k, Central Coast February 21, 2012 | 16:12
    Yes it is a quit website Dr feelgood thats why I come here.
    I read others stories of what has helped them, ways they've dealt with stress, what keeps them going on this journey, and unfortunately I don't want to come in here and read about a person with a negative attitude. I've achieved 49 days smoke free and I'm going to keep on going because I do get inspired by many people on here and because I have the willpower to say no, so all I want is not to have to read crap that in no way assists anyone.
    We are all here to support each other because we understand what each other are going through, put all your doctors aside who try to counsel, if they have never smoked, do they really know or understand, no they don't other than what they have read in medical journals. We understand each other and thats important and thats why we're here for support
  • Roseyk February 21, 2012 | 16:23
    The reason people make a big deal about what you say is that 9 out of 10 times your comments are NEGATIVE. Feel free to post your negative comments as that is your right to do so, but expect people will also make comments as they see fit back at you. Oh well...all the best to you.
  • MickeyJ, Southern NSW February 21, 2012 | 20:18
    PMSL RoseyK. Oh well ... good luck.
  • NowaNonSmoker!, Western Sydney February 21, 2012 | 22:46
    Oh well... Do what you must. Patronizing or what?