Many people find that mobile applications are a helpful tool to help them quit smoking.
People who smoke are more likely to quit if they use mobile-based smoking cessation technologies to assist their quit attempt.
Quit smoking apps can provide helpful tips and distractions to overcome cravings, tracking systems to chart your progress and the facts to help you understand the impact smoking has on your health.
The Australian Federal Government has two free mobile applications available on Android and iPhone to help you on your quit journey.
My Quit Buddy
The MyQuitBuddy app is designed to deliver you support in a way that is suited to you. It allows you to:
- choose to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- set goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- receive a useful tip
- nominate danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- use a range of distractions to help you deal with cravings
- get reminded of why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal with a personalised slideshow
Quit for You - Quit for Two
The Quit for You – Quit for Two app is specifically designed to help people who are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, and want to quit smoking.
It helps take your mind off the cravings with fun exercises and games and distract you when you get the urge to light up.
- Quit tips on dealing with cravings
- Bouncing Baby game
- Baby Boogie game
- Baby Bubble game
- Baby name selector
- Breathing yoga exerciser
- Week-by-week facts about your baby's development
- Daily savings announcements based on money not spent on smoking