Entry is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are residents in NSW and ACT who are 18 years and older, except employees, agents or contractors of Cancer Institute NSW and other companies associated with the promotion and their immediate families. Competition closes at 11:59pm AEST on 28 February 2021.
Aboriginal Quitline Survey Competition - Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is being run by the Cancer Institute NSW, ABN 48 538 442 594, 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards, NSW 2065 ("Promoter”, “we", “us” or “our”).
- The Associated Agency is Iscariot Media Pty Ltd, 4/259 Stafford Rd, Stafford QLD 4053 ABN (32 606 647 438).
- The promotion starts at 9:00am AEST on 10 December 2020. Entries close and must be received by 11:59pm AEST on 28 February 2021 ("Promotion Period").
Who can enter?
- To be eligible to enter the promotion, the individual must be an "Eligible Entrant". An Eligible Entrant is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person currently residing in NSW who is over the age of 18 years, with the exception of employees or contractors of the Promoter and other companies associated with the promotion and their immediate families, who are not eligible to enter.
How do you enter?
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the Aboriginal Quitline Survey hosted at www.surveymonkey.com/r/WPTYY3S, during the promotion period.
- Entries close 11:59pm AEST on 28 February 2021.
- The prize pool comprises of five x $100 gift cards.
- The total prize pool value is $500.00.
10. All valid entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Prize draw.
11. The prize draw will be conducted at 12.00pm AEST, 1 March 2021 by the Associated Agency.
12. The Prize Winner will be notified within two days of the prize draw in writing by way of their email account.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner's name on the Koori Quitline Facebook page and Cancer Institute Facebook page.
14. The Prize will be sent to the address nominated by the Winner within 7 working days of the winner being contacted.
15. Each Eligible Entrant may enter the promotion once only.
16. Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence without charge to use, reproduce, publish and display any or all of their Entry in any of media or distribution methods (whether now known or later developed), including publication on the Koori Quitline Facebook page or any internet applications for five years after the end of the associated Promotion and campaign, for any purposes connected with conducting or promoting this competition or for promoting the Promoter’s products, services or other promotions, without restriction on use, attribution or liability.
17. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize at our discretion or if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
18. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
19. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request an individual establish that they are eligible, and may also request that they sign a statutory declaration confirming compliance with these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to request Eligible Entrants provide proof of identity, residency, and age. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
22. In the event that a winner is in any way disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to redraw.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
25. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Promoter's absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
27. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
28. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to determine this in its absolute discretion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including but not limited to the Australian consumer law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, photograph or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer law.
30. The Promoter collects personal information (email address) in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All details of entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with NSW Privacy Laws and the Australian Privacy Principles.
31. Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
32. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
33. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
34. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winners. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
35. If the winner chooses not to take the prize or any component of it (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize and we are not obliged to substitute the prize or any component.
36. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrants who have engaged in behaviour in public or on social media platforms which is contrary to the values of the Cancer Institute NSW or could pose a reputational risk to the Cancer Institute NSW.
37. By entering this promotion, you agree that we may use the personal information and quotes we collect from you:
a) to conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners, disclosing that information to prize suppliers; and
b) on the terms set out in our Privacy Statement available at https://www.cancer.nsw.gov.au/privacy