Thank you to all those who participated in the Community Survey, we are grateful for your time. We received a great response and the survey was closed on Monday 12th July as the required number of respondents (350 people) had been reached.
The 350 respondents will be contacted directly and provided with their voucher by email. Those who completed they survey after this time will not be eligible to receive a voucher, but we encourage you to keep an eye out for future opportunities to provide valuable input into our programs and services.
Things you need to know:
Entry is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who smoke or have recently quit and are residents in NSW and ACT who are 18 years and older, except employees, agents or contractors of Cancer Institute NSW and other companies associated with the Survey and their immediate families. Survey closes at 11:59pm AEST on 31 August 2021, or when the required number of respondents is reached if earlier.
Aboriginal Quitline Survey - Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and compensation details form part of these terms and conditions. By completing this survey, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- This survey is being run by the Cancer Institute NSW, ABN 48 538 442 594, 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards, NSW 2065 ("Institute”, “we", “us” or “our”).
- The Associated Agency is Iscariot Media Pty Ltd, 4/259 Stafford Rd, Stafford QLD 4053 ABN (32 606 647 438).
- The survey starts at 9:00am AEST on 1 July 2021. Entries close and must be received by 11:59pm AEST on 31 August 2021 ("Survey Period"), or when the required number of respondents is reached, if earlier.
Who can enter?
- To be eligible to complete the survey, the individual must be an "Eligible Entrant". An Eligible Entrant is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who smokes or has recently quit (in the last 12 months), currently residing in NSW who is over the age of 18 years, with the exception of employees or contractors of the Institute and other companies associated with the Survey and their immediate families, who are not eligible to enter.
How do you enter?
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the “Survey” during the Survey Period. The Survey is the Community Social Media Survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/HY9CX2S.
- Entries close 11:59pm AEST on 31 August 2021, or when the required number of respondents is reached, if earlier.
- Compensations comes in the form of a $20 gift card.
- All Eligible Entrants who complete the survey during the Survey Period will receive compensation. Max 1 entry per person.
- Gift cards will be sent to recipients within 14 days of the end of the Survey Period.
- Each Eligible Entrant may complete the Survey once only.
- Each Eligible Entrant grants the Institute a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence without charge to use, reproduce, publish and display any or all of their Entry in any of media or distribution methods (whether now known or later developed), including publication on the Koori Quitline Facebook page or any internet applications for five years after the end of the Survey Period, for any purposes connected with conducting or promoting this Survey or for promoting the Institute’s products, services or other promotions, without restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- A gift card, or any unused portion of a gift card, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with compensation are the responsibility of the recipients.
- The Institute's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Institute reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. The Institute reserves the right to request an individual establish that they are eligible, and may also request that they sign a statutory declaration confirming compliance with these terms and conditions. The Institute reserves the right to request Eligible Entrants provide proof of identity, residency, and age. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Institute.
- The Institute reserves the right, at any time, to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Institute to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Survey is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Institute, the Institute reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Survey, as appropriate.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Institute reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Institute's absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Institute reserves the right to determine this in its absolute discretion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including but not limited to the Australian consumer law, the Institute (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Survey, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Institute's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, photograph or compensation claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Institute) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Institute; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of compensation materials. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer law.
- The Institute collects personal information (email address) in order to conduct the Survey and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, agents, contractors, service providers, and as required, to Australian authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Institute. All details of entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with NSW Privacy Laws and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the Survey Period.
- If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the Survey as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Survey, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
- We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of compensation gift cards, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Institute or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the compensation supplied again.
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Survey including the supply of goods or services by any person to those compensated. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from receiving compensation.
- The Institute reserves the right to disqualify any entrants who have engaged in behaviour in public or on social media platforms which is contrary to the values of the Cancer Institute NSW or could pose a reputational risk to the Cancer Institute NSW.
37. By entering this Survey, you agree that we may use the personal information and quotes we collect from you:
a) to conduct this Survey, including connecting with respondents to arrange compensation, disclosing that information to suppliers; and
b) on the terms set out in our Privacy Statement available at https://www.cancer.nsw.gov.au/privacy