Profile Image By bryce0800

16 Days Smoke free

Posted in Quit experiences on 10 Aug 2011

Today i have reached day 16 of non smoking. I have been doing it cold turkey. For a reward for not smoking, with the money i saved i got a new 3D TV on finance. Being week 3 i know i still have a long way to go, but im not thinking as much of ciggarettes and my partner says the anger from quitting is easing a bit.

As for the health benefits, I am noticing them already. Im not as puffed out while doing hard work. I feel i can breath properly. Still coughing up all the Junk on the lungs. But i am generally feeling a lot healthier. I have to admit i was skeptical at first when i read that the health benefits are noticed almost straight away, but i was VERY wrong. The only major problem im having right now is that i cant get enough of allens party mix lollies. I seriously cat stop eating them or even thinking about them.

The first week was a bit hard withdrawal symptom wise. I had pretty bad dizzyness and sleepless nights. But even though the first two weeks were hard and i have a long way to go, Im feeling extremely positive right now.

One last hint. Keep this website open at all times so you can look at your progress and how much money you have saved. I did this at my lowest times and it does help. Also keep crossing each day off the calender to show yourself you are making progress. Sound stupid but these 2 simple things help me get through.

Thanks for reading

Bryce

7 comments
Showing oldest to newest. Swap
Profile Image By jessica07
August 26, 2011 | 13:41
HI Bryce,
That's really wonderful. I am on my 4th day day 1 & 2 the hardest but its slowly getting better all the best and keep going .
Profile Image By Violet
September 05, 2011 | 21:35
Hi Bryce,

I know what you mean about the lollies! I'm nearly into week three, still getting a bit grumpy in the afternoons (just before I would usually have a smoke) but hoping this will subside soon.. will take your advise about keeping the page easily accessible for those 'weaker' days :)
Profile Image By Tangela
September 15, 2011 | 21:06
Artceils like these put the consumer in the driver seat-very important.
Profile Image By Wanita
October 26, 2011 | 22:03
I'm so glad I found my soltiuon online.
Profile Image By LovenPeace
November 05, 2013 | 9:03
Day 16 for me after 30 yes as a smoker . I used and still do the power of prayer . The first few days were quite awful sleepless restless but in all honesty this time around I have found my joy relatively quickly and all ready stopped counting the days . Well done everyone it's wonderful to grow in strength and character and that's exactly what we are all doing .
Profile Image By LovenPeace
November 05, 2013 | 9:07
Ps I joined the gym a month before I quit so the habit of going was formed . I'm a vegan and just focused on diet as a means of healing me through this . It really has been a wholeifesyyle change for the better !
Profile Image By LovenPeace